Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Soundproof my room...

As some of u might know, i love music especially drums.
for those who dunno, now u know larr..

i have a drumset in my room, my house...













and...so far i have not gather any enemies especially from neighbours...becos drums can be very very very loud....those cant tahan noise..come in my room...can either have headache or go crazy while i m drum-ming. (often happens to my mum).....so far no one complaint......yet.........
becos usually i practise my drums at 6-7pm daily SHARP...and if i miss that time...means miss one day of practise lorr... :(

i choose to practise at 6-7pm is becos tat time...usually no one is sleeping...kids is either watching cartoon or washing up or playing outside..so no worries.. i wont be disturbing them

and housewives are cooking....so their stoves, wok, whatever utensils which is busy knocking each other tat moment, ...making kitchen noise...actually quite compliments with my drum's sound..making my drum sound not so obviously noisy.....haha

not bad wert , sambil cooking can listen to drum beat...making their cooking more stylish, rhtymic , some jazzy flavour....cool~~
But one more thing.....
Besides keeping a very consistent practising time,i actually need to hit my drums quite gentle, not so hard, not so rock..in order to produce a not-so-loud noise...which often makes me more tense and easily go off beat...due to over-controlling my hand muscles and movement...


haih....so this one...no syiok lo..totally no syiok..... practise drums = no practise drums..


.
.
.
.



so after much consideration and budget calculation...already made up my mind.. kumpul money....buy new drums and meanwhile do something with my room...


that is SOUNDPROOF-ing my ROOM...


not a hard..but not easy job also leh..

1stly....must get rid of my old drums...sold it to my fren at a price and condition which both of us quite agree and satisfied...phew...and make my room clean...











Then.......go and get my soundproof materials...and glues,,,watever la...its needed..and MANPOWER...(thanks to my brother and my badi aaron teh...)

ding dong ding dong....WORK IN PROGRESS!!!

NOTE :- looks like so simple.. but it actually took me 2 days to do the whole room...and everytime...we will get a bit high, drunken, drowsy due to inhale too much dunlop glue :S


and.....finally....tada....its done...
sorry no picture... @,@



after all the sound proof thingy, went to look for drums,,,survey for nice cheap drums..and finally...found one.. pay for it..and bring it home... yay!!!!!

ding dong ding dong....assembly process....

and finally....my very very own homemade-DIY-homestudio-cum-bedroom....phew...
nice.....~~~!!!!
<---some close ups,,,
and top view---->


Perspective view...can see the sponge and my new drumset...
phew...
after all these hard work
..now i can play my drums....and hit them as hard as i like jus like i m in those rock band live concert and besides,
can release my stress too...
hehe
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and he jam happily ever after~~~~~~~














11 comments:

Canny said...

cemburu u hv a secret place to release ur stress...

ur secret place very nice ...
i like black colour
how much u spend all tis?

when is my turn to hv it???

haha,
anyway,
i din feel drum very noise...
i like to c somebody play drum...
i like to c u n jonan play drum in church...

ckchan7 said...

bauakakkaka.....
i spent a lot la...not more than 10 thousand..

uwana have it?
u also collect money la..
wkakakkakaka

aiya..old people ma...old people will think is noisy..

Canny said...

wakaka...
if i collect money,
1st i will go to buy a new house n new car...
then baru decide reli wanna a secret place or not...
i'm not reli need it...coz i mmore prefer noisy...i like other disturb me...let me feel more ppl "guanxin" me...scare to feel lonely..

yalo,
old ppl always different from us...
whatever v do,sure them not feel good not well...

Anonymous said...

ei. the noise of your drums are nothing compare to gramps and baknur's biological microphone...XD

Anonymous said...

i like drums oso...
& see-ing u play drums oso quite syok xD

ckchan7 said...

kakkakak....really?
i shall record a video and send to u la...

Anonymous said...

wah...got my picture also!

Beng's mei said...

nice.. closeup, your soundproof looks really good. looks like some wallpaper if ppl dun know u actually recycled.

then some more some ppl wear black shirt. yaw yeng worrrr

ckchan7 said...

BEng Mei,

tqtq...wakakakakakka

Anonymous said...

Wah. I miss your old drumset. How come so fast change a new one? But wait a minute... i think it had been 6 to 7 years since the last time i jammed inside your room. I think almost is the time to pay you a visit before you change to another new drumset. Keep in touch ya.

ckchan7 said...

Innfung,
ya ya...u better faster come visit me....drum leh..i wont change..but gona change house lo...meaning im gona move out lo... :(
so better hurry